Sunday, February 26, 2012

Behind Hardcore & Punk Music

Behind every genre of music there is a voice and an opinion, for myself that genre happens to be punk & hardcore music.  Almost every generation has its own type of music it can relate to, for myself I can relate to a lot of heavier genres like punk and hardcore. I have learned many lessons the hard way and have struggled with many things my whole life and hardcore music is my way to vent and rid myself of my aggression. I relate myself to this genre because of the musical structure and lyrical content, it's hard to listen to happy songs when I can hear a song that talks about anger, hate and how the real world actually is. The genre was meant to be more than a label, the genre is more like a brotherhood. There are so many friends and people I've met through this style of music just by going to shows and having a love for the music. Nothing can ever take away what I have gained through this genre, brotherhood and most importantly friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment