Friday, January 27, 2012

About Me

My name is Joe, I would rather be honest then lie, but to be honest I was looking forward to a Journalism class but I'm not into the whole idea of relying on the internet to discover my assignments and what not, but I love writing it's one of my hobbies. I will do anything it takes to get a good grade.
Some of my personal interests include art forms such as graphite art, painting and tattooing along with music. I really got into art through a small tattoo shop that did work on me when I first turned 16, the artist was just amazing at what he did and ever since I've been interested in tattooing, painting and graphite. I enjoy tattooing because it gives you a sense of freedom and capability along with the feeling of not conforming into someone else's ideal standards. I've enjoyed drawing for as long as I can remember, I always had a pencil in my hand when I was little. I like these forms of art just because it's an easy way to express the things that you have built inside yourself and your mind without being automatically judged or criticized.
I have a small variety of my work type experience, I worked for my Grandfather doing roofing, carpentry and other hands on skills along with being a cashier at a small grocery store. I started working at the age of 13 and created a strong work ethic because of the way I was raised by my Mother and Grandfather. I'd love to work as a tattoo artist or professional piercing artist at a shop and just have fun doing what I love to do and make a living out of it as well.
My hopes for this class are to strengthen my writing abilities and lean me more towards journalism. I hope to succeed in this class and work on my organizational skills in writing. I really do not know or describe what I would like to learn but I am dedicated to this class and am always open to criticism and improvement.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    I really appreciate the honesty - something a journalist has to have the guts to write about. Here is a link to a youth journalism site you might want to check out: http://youthjournalism.org/

    Though this is not a journalism course, you should find that this course will help you in that endeavour. Though some form aspects of essay writing are different from articles, clarity and good form are universal.

    As to your interest in tattoos - that is cool. I have to admit to really loving many tattoo designs, but am just too fearful of the pain required to get one. In the summer, I stick to henna.

    It is great to have you in class.
    Cheers,
    Mrs. Hale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and immediatley understood you, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hey Joe, How are you.

    i am commenting on your ABOUT ME essay. You should talk more about your hopes and promises in your essay to match your hobbies about tattos, music, and drawing.

    -Mr. McAIRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really good job on this essay!

    ReplyDelete